Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica IIIc - First RF?
From: Jeff S <four_season_photo@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 08:50:50 -0700 (PDT)

I think the M6 and M6TTL are among the best Leica buys
right now: Too old to be the latest model, but mostly
too new to need more than a general tuneup. You should
be able to buy an M6 for under $1K. And there's also
the mostly forgotten Konica Hexar RF still available
as a kit consisting of 50mm M-mount lens, flash and
camera body on eBay.

The old screw mount Leicas are pretty, but the finders
are squinty, film loading is kind of primitive, and
most importantly, if the original cloth shutter
curtains haven't failed, they will. Cost to replace
said curtains is high due to the labor involved (I
paid around $300 to CLA a IIIf and install new shutter
curtains). If the rangefinder double-image is weak, it
gets pricier still, assuming you can find someone to
take on this task at all.

Jeff

>Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 12:03:54 +0800
>From: "Justin Low" <space@byvoid.com>
>Subject: [Leica] Leica IIIc - First RF?
>
>Hello all, I'm new to this list.
>
>I haven't used a rangefinder before, and so far, the
>only two cameras I have and use are a Nikon FE and a
>Minox 35. I shoot mainly street, or so I would like
to >think.