Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica IIIc - First RF?
From: "Justin Low" <space@byvoid.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 01:01:18 +0800

Wow! Thanks for all the advice guys! Didn't expect so much so fast.

My initial plan was to go for a CV Bessa R, and the accompanying 35/2.5
lens. I tried that out at a local dealer, and was quite impressed,
except for the noise the shutter produces (I really like the soft click
of my Minox :)). I agree that it's quite a bargain though, at around
$500 for the set of both body and lens.

A friend of mine then recommended a SM Leica, saying that the shutter
was far quieter than the Bessa, so well, here I am... :)

I'm not exactly in a rush to get the camera, and I'm currently saving up
for it. I was thinking of a user M6, but the cost set me thinking back
to a SM again. But I suppose when one factors in the cost of proper CLA,
a SM would probably cost as much as the M6.

Justin

Replies: Reply from Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica IIIc - First RF?)