Subject: [Leica] 1.15 and 1.25 magnifiers
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 00:02:25 +0900

So....  I'm having a grand old time in Japan, scooting about the
country visiting used camera stores...... errr... I mean doing
serious ethnographic research .......

today I came across some different type eyepiece magnifiers for M camera:

	1.15
and	1.25

The 1.15 is designed to bring the 0.85x Leica up to 0.97, or pretty
darn close to 1.0.

I tried them both and the centers were nice and sharp, but the edges
were distorted.  They were priced around $150 each, I think.

Other neat things were adaptors to convert pretty much every mount
possible to your Leica-M and Leica-R cameras.  Imagine a Nikon SLR
lens on your M6!   They have little cams in them that allow you to
use the rangefinder in the M to get the focus distance, then you
transfer the reading to the lens.

Karen

Replies: Reply from Allen Graves <ahgraves@prodigy.net> (Re: [Leica] 1.15 and 1.25 magnifiers)