Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica IIIc - First RF?
From: tripspud <tripspud@transbay.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 19:28:06 -0700

Hi Howard,

>         Actually, I sometimes find that the bigger issue is getting the
> exposed cassette out of the camera. Some are slightly larger in
> diameter than others, and they can be hard to pull out.
>
>                                         Howard Sanner

     Tell me about it, I spent last evening filing down these
12 Leitz cassettes so's they pop out of the chamber
like they're 'spose to, not pulled out with a pliers.
I think I've got all 12 to work okay in two camera
bodies.  Anything that slows down changing film
needs to be looked at carefully.  With factory
spooled films, it's out of your control.  I can
take the Canon Rapid Winder base off the
Canon IVSb now and I'm sure it's opening
and closing the cassette.  With the base removed
I still have to close the cassette until it clicks shut.
I don't know if it's any different if I had the Canon
cassettes instead of these Leitz ones.  I wonder if
these modified Leitz cassettes will still work with
a Leica camera.  My Leica is an early D and would
need to be modified to except the cassettes. I'd also
like to know if this D, from '32, did not take the cassettes,
then I can assume that the cassettes were introduced
by Leitz later.

well thanks,

Rich Lahrson
Berkeley, California