Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica IIIc - First RF?
From: Howard Sanner <flagstad@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 18:54:06 -0400

Marc James Small notes:

> I generally cut
> my film in advance

	This is what I do, too. A knife or pair of scissors is all that's
needed, no special accessories at all. I suppose teeth would do
the trick in a pinch, but I've never tried it since the film in
my bag has always been trimmed.

> And the rest of the loading process is fast, not as fast
> as with some other cameras, but not as slow as you indicate.

	I can load any of my screwmount Leicas at least as fast as I can
load my M3's or M2. The M6 and others with the "tulip" may be as
fast or faster to load. (At all odds, I think the "tulip" loading
system is one of the great photographic innovations of our time.)

	Actually, I sometimes find that the bigger issue is getting the
exposed cassette out of the camera. Some are slightly larger in
diameter than others, and they can be hard to pull out.

					Howard Sanner
					flagstad@mindspring.com

Replies: Reply from Marshall Hunt <huntmc2@fuse.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica IIIc - Film leader)
Reply from tripspud <tripspud@transbay.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica IIIc - First RF?)