Subject: RE: [Leica] Digital has WON? Not by a longshot .. .. yet
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 16:36:00 -0400

At 11:31 PM 6/29/2003 -0400, you wrote:

>Well, I see a lot of people using PhotoShop as a crutch for bad photography
>(certainly no hint of that WRT you...), and most of the high end digital
>people I know don't actually do much with PS, they simply get the image
>right on film (or in the camera for digital capture), and use PS for dust
>spotting, tonal curves and occasionally something more complicated...but for
>the most part, the image is not very manipulated.  PS certainly can "rescue"
>a badly shot/developed image better than you can in the darkroom, but that
>should be the exception, not the rule.
>
>Regards,
>
>Austin

For simple color correction and a little sharpening, dust removal, tonal
curves - I have about 10 Photoshop books each with 500 pages explaining
different ways to do just those actions in different ways for different
purposes.  I also use Photoshop for all pre-press work, designing brochures
and layouts, converting color to B&W, and printing my art prints.  It's not
just a photo manipulation program.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com