Subject: Re: [Leica] New Holy War--Film Scanners
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:49:04 -0700

on 06/30/03 8:11 PM, Ken Firestone at kenf@speakeasy.net wrote:

> Well, I think its time to start another holy war. This time on
> scanners.
>
> What kind of film scanners are people using? Is the low end Nikon
> enough better than the low end Minolta to justify the extra
> money. What about Canon? Any others to consider? And how about the
> mid-range Minolta?

Depends on what you want from the scanner. For me, a Nikon Super Coolscan
4000ED would be a minimum. It has to run Firewire or USB 2.0 - preferably
the former. And it has to run in OS X. (Which the Nikon does just fine).

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

Everybody has that thing where they need to look one way but they come out
looking another way and that's what people observe. You see someone on the
street and essentially what you notice about them is the flaw.
- -Diane Arbus