Subject: Re: [Leica] New Holy War--Film Scanners
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 21:53:22 +0900

Nikon 4000ED. Previous to that was the Minolta Dual Scan II.

I notice the increased dynamic range the most, the Nikon pulls things
out of the shadows of my Provia 100F slides that I didn't notice were
there. Beautiful scanner.  It is marred by the lack of DOF, I wish
they had stopped down the internal lens one more stop, I'm patient
enough to wait for it.

Vuescan is my scanning software of choice, especially after they
added color calibration.

KN