Subject: Re: [Leica] CANADA DAY & USA INDEPENDENCE DAY. :-)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:29:45 -0700

Eric Welch suggested:
> Hey, there's a book idea in this...just "between friends?"<<<

Hi Eric,
I'm  sure yer pulling me chain old buddy on this one. "Between Friends" as a
book. It's been done! ;-)

As we, Canadians, well OK our tax money through the National Film Board of
Canada produced a beautiful book as a gift to the USA celebrating the
American 200th year as a Nation.

The book is shot from coast to coast along each side of our near 5000 mile
long border illustrating how we live together as friends and neighbours.
Actually it cost well over a million plus dollars because we produced a copy
for every library in the USA ! And a copy for every serving member of your
governing politicians of the day.

And I believe a copy was personaly delivered to your President of the day by
our Prime Minister of the day.

Nice try on the book old buddy. ;-) Have a great ID 4 / 03! :-)
ted