Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo op suggestions for San Luis Obispo?
From: Berry Foran <bforan@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 22:12:12 -0700

In SLO proper visit the Mission which the town is named after and built
around.  The Fremont theater is a beautiful old Victorian movie house.

I would suggest Hearst Castle about 30 miles up the Coast, a little
further north up the coast is a colony of elephant seals and Ragged
Point.  On the drive from SLO you will pass through Morro Bay, Caycuos
and Cambria,  all delightful beach towns. To the south visit Montana de
Oro state park  and the Pismo Beach sand dunes. If you have a four
wheel drive vehicle drive to the top of Pozo Mountain or take
television road from the top of the Cuesta grade for a panorama of the
coastal  range and the Pacific ocean. The drive along Highway 41
between US 101 and CA 1 is spectacular on a clear day.  If you like
wines Paso Robles is the home of many wineries many are very
picturesque.