Subject: Re: [Leica] Constitution repatriation
From: frank theriault <knarf.theriault@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 16:33:11 -0400

Bonjour, Robert,

You're right about no Quebec government ever signing the Constitution.  No need
to bore our non-Canadian friends as to why that may be.  However, Trudeau did go
to the Supreme Court of Canada with a reference, asking if the Constitution
would still be valid, both in Quebec and the rest of Canada, if Quebec refused
to sign.  They said "yes" on both counts, and we now have a Constitution signed
by all provinces but Quebec, as you correctly point out.

I don't expect anyone outside of Canada to understand how our country manges to
function!  <vbg>

salut,
frank