Subject: Re: [Leica] Documentary Photography 2003
From: frank theriault <knarf.theriault@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 16:51:21 -0400

Hi, Steve,

I disagree with you completely!  I mean there's taking pictures of kids, and
there's taking pictures of kids.

Now, anyone hangning around, say, a public swimming pool, taking pictures of
young children in their bathing suits or whatever, well, that's asking for
trouble.

But in the situation we're talking about here, how could it be construed as
anything but innocent?  These kids are (I presume) fully clothed, frolicking
in a fountain, ~with their parents close by, supervising~.

I must say, when I take pictures of kids, if I have the chance, I ask parents
for permission, but sometimes that opportunity simply doesn't present itself,
either because parents aren't around, or the moment will be lost by asking.

OTOH, maybe you live in a different world than I do.  It must be a very sad
world...

regards,
frank