Subject: RE: [Leica] Nikon LTM lens question
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 22:30:15 -0400

Michael,
For all intents and purposes the Nikon 50mm F1.5 is a direct knockoff of
the Zeiss 50mm F1.5.  So, it should be an amazingly good lens as the
Nikon coatings were very good.  Flare will be pretty well controlled as
even my uncoated Sonnar does pretty well in all but the harshest
conditions.

Personally, I would offer what you think is a reasonable price then sell
the lens and buy a Noctilux.  Unfortunately, using the lens would not
result in measurably better photographs than using the Zeiss version
which is available for $2-300.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com