Subject: Re: [Leica] OT tap water temperature in Chicago area
From: "J. Gilbert Plantinga" <jgp@gilplant.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 07:25:45 -0400

Ice cubes! Or if I'm not in a hurry I'll put the solutions in the
refrigerator and check the temperature every few minutes. I would
rather stick with a temperature that I was certain would give the
results I expect. When I study the time and temperature curves (and
especially if I have to interpolate or extrapolate) I get concerned
with the apparent non-linearity of the data. With ice or refrigeration
I can control the temperature, but what I'd be more concerned about was
the water quality. Like Mark Rabiner, I've got local tap water (~63
deg. F. right now) that seems to work fine with Xtol; other people on
this list in other locales rely on distilled water, and if I were
traveling I would too.

Gilbert