Subject: [Leica] R8 Battery and shutter
From: Martin Krieger <krieger@usc.edu>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 12:15:38 -0700

Is the performance of the R8's shutter dependent on the battery strength?
Namely, if the battery is weak, will the shutter time be inaccurate? Or does
it just stop? Recently, I had some impact on my R8 (I tripped, and while the
lens needs work, the hood protected the elements and it is the hood that is
crushed). The body itself seemed fine, but the next day I noticed that the
shutter timing seemed wrong (sounds were off), and also that the battery was
1/2 working (it was about time, it has been forever since new batteries were
put in).

Thanks,
Martin