Subject: [Leica] Coming out of the shadows . . .
From: walsen@sbcglobal.net
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 21:06:32 -0500

Hello, everyone.

I am a long time lurker on this list, although I have corresponded with some
of you privately in the past.  After sitting on the sidelines silently for
so long and admiring the fine work LUGers post, I have finally figured out
how to use a scanner and have uploaded some images for your comments.

As background, after using Nikons for many years (the F3 and later the F5),
I stumbled onto this list about five years ago, and inevitably I could not
resist the urge to get into M photography.  My wife bought me two Ms, the 50
summilux, and the 35 and 28 ASPH summicrons.

My work does not allow me much time to photograph, so for the past couple of
years, I have been carrying an M with me each day on my way to and from
work, and on trips.  The M fits in my briefcase quite easily and opens up
new kinds of photography for me that I never tried with my Nikons (which I
now almost never use).  The photos in my gallery are a small selection of
some of my efforts with the M:

http://www.leica-gallery.net/snaps/folder-4984.html

Your comments are welcome.

Best regards,