Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Piezotone & bwguys
From: Tim Atherton <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 22:30:09 -0600

> The Epson pigment inks
> are rated at about 30 years, which is better than most commercial
> inks.

I think it's supposed to be 65-85 for colour on most glossy papers and 100+
years for B&W from the Epson Ultrachrome inks

Also, various of the Epson papers are much better than the with regard to
bronzing than the standard Premium Glossy Photo (eg Premium Semigloss,
Semi-matte and Lustre) - also, the Professional Glossy Paper is supposed to
be excellent for black & white with no bronzing and minimal metamerism - but
I'm waiting fro some to try out...! (Epson has the MOST confusing series of
paper names - Epson semi-professional semi-matte photo ultra gloss paper etc
:-)  ).

And I'm waiting try them in my 1160, but the MIS ultrachome quadtones are
supposed to work well on glossy papers (they have an interchangeable black),
as well as excellently on the various matte and watercolour - especially
Photo Rag

tim