Subject: [Leica] Well done beef and the Irish
From: Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 11:15:15 -0400

Rolfe:

I watched a tv special on Mad Cow/Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease several
months ago.  One of the scientists interviewed related that he had
placed some of the Mad Cow/Creutzfeldt-Jakob "stuff" into the red-hot
coals of a fire and then buried the ashes for three months.  At the end
of that time he found that the prions remained viable.

I don't think that cooking beef well done makes a difference except the
things such as e-coli bacteria.

My mother, a McMahon, cooked EVERYTHING well done.  I think the praxes
goes back for centuries.

Jim - http://www.hemenway.com

Replies: Reply from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> (Re: [Leica] Well done beef and the Irish)
Message from Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net> (RE: [Leica] Re: Ireland suggestions)