Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Ireland suggestions
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 23:44:42 -0400

At 06:33 PM 7/9/03 -0600, Tim Atherton wrote:
>:the big question is - do you smash the top in with your spoon and
>pull it off or neatly slice the top off with a knife, to eat a soft boiled
>egg...?

Didn't Deam Swoft deal with this dilemma some centuries back?  Me?  I get
me eggs coddled so I don't have the concern.

And, to get mildly back on topic, my egg coddlers are made by Jenaerglas,
the Zeiss-owned remnant of the original Otto Schott und Genossen Glasswerke
in Jena, the factory which produced the glass for all Leitz lenses until
1950 or so.  These egg coddlers are rather different in design from the
Royal Worcester ones, and are both inexpensive and efficient.  Check out
Matha Stewart's website, as she markets them, at least until her impending
incarceration ...

Damn, but a meal of coddled eggs, HOT toast, and scrapple ... that would
get me out of the sack early.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!