Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Ireland suggestions
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 22:40:00 -0400

At 10:05 PM 7/9/03 -0700, Eric Welch wrote:
>on 07/09/03 7:17 AM, animal at s.jessurun95@chello.nl wrote:
>
>> I think that cooking has no impact on the pathogens that cause mad cow
>> disease.
>
>A friend of mine who works for the Salk Institute told me proper cooking
>does in fact kill the prions that cause Mac Cow Disease (Bovine Spongiform
>Encephalopathy, or BSE for short).

Ah, C'mon, Eric.  Surely you recall the exchange between those two cows:

FIRST COW:  Damn, but this Mad Cow hysteria has me really run ragged!
SECOND COW:  I agree.  Thank God we're sheep.

<sorry!  I  vaguely recall that I posted this selfsame joke here around
1996 or '97.  So, I'm dull!>

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!