Subject: [Leica] Re: Weird One Found on Leica Photo Net
From: frank.dernie@btinternet.com
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 07:39:02 +0100 (BST)

Jerry's sojourn in the UK evidently left him with an extension of his useful vocabulary! Both berk and Hampton are English terms of "endearment", jerk OTOH is American only heard in the UK in Americal films.

Tim Atherton enlightened

> By 'berk' I understand you meant 'jerk'. However, for those of
> us who are
> not Americans, can you please define the term "a perfect Hampton"?
>
> Many thanks.

Hampton (Hampton Wick) = prick - cockney rhyming slang (interestingly it's a
double rhyming slang word - the second part of Hampton Wick i.e. "wick"
means the same thing - as in "dipping ones wick"....

Hampton Wick being a place.

:-)