Subject: [Leica] LUG newbie going to Scotland with M6TTL - is it really *that* cloudy?
From: frank.dernie@btinternet.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:03:35 +0100 (BST)

I spend a great deal of time in Scotland, my wife is Scottish and both my brothers live there. I use Kodachrome 64 and have had no low light problems with my M6. The light is usually beautifully diffuse. The weather varies a great deal, warm dry weather is possible but it is no accident that there are loads of lakes and rivers in Scotland!
If you wanted to use slow zooms of course a fast film would be better but Leica with fast primes is no problem with whatever film you prefer. I carry a Leitz table top tripod with small ball head in my bag for landscapes if I require large depth of field. Photography in Scotland will demonstrate why some of us are mystified by some users requirement for faster shutter speeds and fill in flash :)
cheers Frank