Subject: RE: [Leica] Details about Salgado in Chicago
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:48:55 -0400

Eric - I am not for a nanosecond faulting Salgado or his conscience - or
the truly astounding quality of his work. But in terms of having an
impact on the world, I suspect he  could have accomplished more had he
remained an economist. I have come to believe - and have said this
before - that the vast majority of documentary photography ultimately
has very little impact outside the photo world.

B. D.