Subject: Re: [Leica] Details about Salgado in Chicago
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 07:09:02 -0700

on 07/11/03 6:25 AM, bdcolen at bdcolen@earthlink.net wrote:

> Oh, there are poor
> people in the world? What shocking news he brings us!;-)

B.D., there's a difference between knowing there are poor people in the
world, and insulating yourself from them so you don't feel obligated to do
something about it. At least Salgado has enough faith in humanity to try to
make them aware of individuals in hopes that that awareness makes some
miniscule difference in those people's lives in the future.

The best way to avoid a conscience is to never exercise it.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

"We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in
it -- and stop there; lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot stove
lid. She will never sit on a hot stove lid again -- and that is well; but
also she will never sit down on a cold one anymore." -- Mark Twain