Subject: Re: [Leica] 3 PAWs
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 07:36:18 -0700

Jim McIntyre offered:
> http://members.rogers.com/jmcdesigns/jamesstreet/PAW/07-11-2003.htm
>
> The water park photo was made before the recent discussion about taking
> pictures of other people's kids. Fortunately there were no security guards
> around, and none of the parents seemed perturbed by my shooting.<<<

Hi Jim,
Water park photo.

May I suggest if you have the opportunity to shoot here again, and depending
how the light is, try bending your knees for a slightly lower angle and
it'll lift the kids higher in the frame with less distracting tree
background.

However, I'm here and you're there and maybe there isn't an angle you can
clean the back ground to kids and sky only. Even so, a lower angle, possibly
longer lens or slightly closer to fill the frame tighter with kids might
increase the backlit forms better.

Don't forget I'm here and do not know the surrounding area so in the end
it's your call. However, bending your knees for a lower angle would add to
the impact of backlit splashing water and kids just as we see them here.

ted

Message from "Jim McIntyre" <mcintyre@ca.inter.net> ([Leica] 3 PAWs)