Subject: [Leica] Almost on topic - Televid question.
From: David Young <dnr@horizon.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 16:41:45 -0700

All:

Sorry to be slightly OT here, but my brother is asking me about the Leica
Televid series.  He wants a good spotting scope, to view the ships passing
his waterfront home.

Most will be daytime or early evening observations and detail is more
important as he wants to be able to identify the ships by name, at a distance.

So...

[a] what does the Televid 77 offer over the 62 besides
	more light gathering ability?
[b] are the APO versions worth the extra cost?
[c] is the zoom eyepiece worth having? Or would he be better off with a low
and a high power eyepiece?

Any help that Televid owners here can give me will be appreciated.

Ya know... it's terrible when the family thinks your the expert just 'cause
you shoot with a Leica!

Many thanks! :)

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Website at: www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr