Subject: Re: [Leica] Opinions requested: Latest and greatest in scanners and related software
From: "Christopher Williams" <leicachris@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 07:34:03 -0500

Canon's 4000dpi 35mm scanner just dropped below $700, and Silverfast 6.0 is
now available for it. Also Minolta's new 5400dpi scanner is getting good
reviews so far(about $899). I went with the Canon scanner over Nikon because
of what Digital ICE does to images. ICE softens the image way too much where
Canon's FARE does not.

I print with an Epson 2200.

Chris
New Orleans