Subject: Re: [Leica] Opinions requested: Latest and greatest in scanners and related software
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:48:54 -0700

on 07/14/03 5:34 AM, Christopher Williams at leicachris@worldnet.att.net
wrote:

> I went with the Canon scanner over Nikon because
> of what Digital ICE does to images. ICE softens the image way too much where
> Canon's FARE does not.

Sounds like things have gotten better. I may have to look into that Canon
scanner.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

....manipulation of pictures. I think it's an abomination. I reject it all.
I mean, it's OK for selling corn flakes or automobiles or for taking pimples
out of Elizabeth Taylor's face, but it undermines the thing that photography
is about...
- - E. Erwitt