Subject: RE: [Leica] LUG newbie going to Scotland with M6TTL - is it really *that* cloudy?
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:01:06 -0400

Hello and welcome to the LUG, Rich:

I'm going to throw a somewhat counter proposal to you.  Fuji is offering
their press film at really cheap prices.  Here in Atlanta you can
purchase twenty rolls of the press 400 for $50.  This is the four layer
stuff and it looks good on paper and scanned.  Unless you intentionally
want lower contrast images that the Portray or NHG offers this is the
ticket.  It will give you similar images that you are used to with Reala
with two stops more speed.

I believe the major internet outlets have similar pricing; B&H, Calumet,
Unique to name a few.

My feeling is that the film stock is not as important as having enough
to free you to keep pushing the shutter until you have nailed the image.

0.02
Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com