Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Single malt...and Leica
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 06:36:44 -0700

Seth Rosner informed us:
 Single malt...and Leica

> I am reliably informed by a LUGnut (and this release has been pre-approved
> by George Tenet) that the LUG, in cooperation with the Lagavulin
Distillery,
> is quietly organizing a special bottling of the peatiest, maltiest Islay
> single malt ever, denominated LUGAVALIN 24. It will be available only to
> certified LUG participants - no lurkers. That's the good news. The bad
news
> is that the Distillery, in an effort to make this the most extraordinary
> bottling in its history, plans to let this noxious liquid percolate in the
> wood (oak AND sherry casks) for 24 years (they don't dare let it go for a
> quarter century); so Ted, my good friend, we are all going to have to last
> at least another 24 years! ;-)<<<<

Now that's a heck of a good deal gives everyone a goal to live a minimum of
24 years for the "Drink at the end of the tunnel."

I thought there was another part to this you may not have been informed of.
So allow me this part of the announcement. ;-)

I was quietly informed, of course by someone whom I cannot name, ;-) what
else is new? That Leica were producing a new 50mm "LUGILUX   f. .90" to go
to the first 100 Leica M owners to purchase the aformentioned liquid and
each of those 100 lenses will be wrapped in "Hermes Shmermes" red leather
decorated with an original Leica black dot.

Have a good day and save yer money, as the cost is unmentionable at the
moment, but a rumoured retail price will be in the range of half of the ion
driven digital cameras 24 years away. That is a pile of an unimaginable
amount! ;-)

So there you go eh something to make a body want to live for another 24
years. ;-)
ted

Replies: Reply from Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Single malt...and Leica)
Message from "firkin" <firkin@balhpl01.ncable.net.au> ([Leica] Re: Single malt...and Leica)