Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica vs. Digital: Our divided loyalties
From: Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:01:57 -0400

Absolutely right, B.D.

From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>

> If, like Ernie, one finds that one's current digital camera does what
> one wants/needs it to do, no one and nothing is compelling one to
> constantly - or essentially ever, upgrade. > B. D.

I am writing this on a six-year-old Dell computer that was state-of-the-art,
all-the-bells-and-whistles when I bought it, max chip, max speed, max
hard-drive capacity, max memory. Last fall I considered buying all-new
hardware and consulted with a friend who is I.T. consultant to several major
New York City financial institutions. He assessed my needs (as a lawyer
using this machine in my practice) and my equipment and suggested an updated
operating system and software but said my old Dell, that has given me zero
problems during all this time, is more than sufficient for my needs. And
since it has never failed, it should also prove trouble-free well into the
future, something that cannot always be said of the very best, most
expensive new hardware.

Seth                LaK 9