Subject: Re: [Leica] 180mm Elmarit-R question
From: "SML" <leirex@access4less.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:16:32 -0700

Hello,

  I have used both versions of the 180/2.8 Elmarit-R and the 80-200/4
Vario-Elmar with satisfaction.  I still keep the second version of the 180
Elmarit and the 80-200/4 but sold the first version of the 180 Elmarit only
because the second version is much lighter.  The first version is
significantly bigger and heftier.  One of my favorite shots that I blowed up
to poster size to hang on my wall is made witht the first version before I
sold it.  Both versions are just about the same optically, I would say.  The
first version is an excellent performer at a bargain only due to its size
and weight and possibly filter size (series 8).

Regards,
David