Subject: [Leica] OT - "Guide to Dallas Driving"
From: Don Lawrence <DLawrence@fkp.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:52:35 -0500

I lived in Dallas for many many years then moved to Austin for 12 years and
now have lived in Houston for
7 years.

IMO
Driving in Houston makes driving in Dallas seem like a stroll in the park.
Following speed limits, red lights, and stop signs appear optional here.
Recently the official posted speed limits on the
highways in the Houston area were dropped to 55mph in order to reduce
unacceptable air pollution
levels. People never slowed down one bit, and the Texas legislature quickly
reversed itself and raised the limits
back within a year! Apparently Houstonians cannot drive 55!

Houston has no zoning and streets change their names at intersections all
over town.

Yet, there is a nice Houston Leica Fellowship who most recently met for the
Art Car Parade.
O yes we do have a few Leica users and Art Cars here!

Don Lawrence