Subject: [Leica] Leica 90mm APO-Summicron-R
From: "David Strang" <dstrang@chartermi.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 01:46:43 -0400

Has anyone used the new 90mm APO Summicron?

I'm looking (hoping/wishing/praying) at this lens to replace my old non-ROM
80 Summilux-R. It's rather soft wide open, gets better as it stops down, but
f1.4 is not a usable aperature. As a result, I keep my old Canon F-1 with a
85mm F1.2L.

How good is the 90mm APO Summicron-R? I thought Erwin rated it rather
highly, but has anyone in the Group used it?

Regards,
Dave Strang