Subject: Re: [Leica] photoshop question
From: "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:06:39 +0200

> Simon,
> It looks like others have answered your cropping question.  But what
> scanner are you using for your 4X5 negs?  Isn't it amazing what good
> images your antique lens produces?
>
> Don
> dorysrus@mindspring.com
Hello Don yes it is especially since the lens is still on the K24 camera
mount and the lensboardis right on on end.
Therefore even though the image circle is big enough even small movements
will cause severe vignetting.I read here:
http://home.earthlink.net/~michaelbriggs/aeroektar/aeroektar.html
that the radiation damage might have affected the lens badly but it,s still
high speed.
For the scans i used a friends flatbed epson so there must be a lot more
detail there.
Thanks for your reply.
Simon jessurun,p.s i,m in Atlanta again next sunday briefly weather still
nice?