Subject: Re: [Leica] Alpa question
From: Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 21:07:55 -0400

From: "Jean-Michel Tomaschett" <jx@bluewin.ch>

> a short history and the link between Kern and Leica:
> In 1988 Kern was integrated into the Wild-Leitz Group, which was formed
> 1986.

......and the bad deal is that when Wild bought Kern, all Kern records,
tooling etc. was destroyed. My source, Ursula Capaul-Weber and Thomas
Weber-Capaul, the proprietors of the new ALPA company who tried for some
years to acquire Alpa from the receiver in bankruptcy, finally acquiring the
intellectual property in the ALPA name, logo and trade dress.

Seth