Subject: Re: [Leica] Alpa question
From: Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 21:14:17 -0400

Buzz, the resolution of this lens is phenomenal while, as you correctly
point out, the contrast does not compare with current lenses. Sharpness is a
concept that is less easy to quantify as it is subjective. High contrast can
give to an image the impression of "sharpness" even when the actual
resolution is not high. The Macro-Switar resolves exceptionally well;
according to Kern data, area-weighted average resolution at full aperture is
175 l/mm while axial resolution wide-open is 450 l/mm !!

Seth          LaK 9