Subject: RE: [Leica] Nikon for MP
From: "mehrdad-\(kiakki.net\)" <msadat@kiakki.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 21:05:07 -0700

Karen, why is the nikon s3-2000 silly?

regards, mehrdad

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us] On Behalf Of Karen Nakamura
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2003 7:06 PM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

Would it be against list etiquette to post the Nikon items here? I'm
sure many folks on the list would be interested, I would!

I'm thrilled to bits with my Nikon S2 that I just picked up in Japan.
If Nikon still had an active rangefinder line (no, not the silly
S3-2000), Leica would've been in trouble!

Karen Nakamura

p.s. My Nikon history books tell me that Nikon abandoned the S5 and
SPX when they saw the Leica M3, they figured that they couldn't beat
it. Looking at the sales figures (the M3 was outselling the SP/S3 by
almost 10:1), they were right.... still... it'd have been an Apple
vs. Microsoft thing.

Replies: Reply from Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com> (RE: [Leica] Nikon for MP)