Subject: RE: [Leica] new alpa
From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 19:04:57 +0200

>I just checked out the Alpa web site and found this reference;
>
>http://lux.technologies.free.fr/Pano%20en.htm
>
>Does anyone have any experience with this 15mm f/22 lens in a Leica or
>other 39mm mount camera?
>
>I suspect the price may be on the stratospheric level.  Maybe Rich
>Pinto knows ( Rich?).
>
>David

David

This lens, in fact a 15mm f:11 a perspective orthoscpic and with an 110
angle of view is produced by Lux Technologies a busines specialized in
thermocolormeters, and it hasn`t diaphragm nor focusing knob; it's a
fixfocus whose design is made with two tiny elements and with a weight
of 65 grams. It's, as I mentioned, a f:11 but a T/22 of photometric
value.

A trick is made for avoiding vignetting: micropoints on the lens create
a dregraded similar to the Xpan filters, limiting the ammount of light
crossing the center zone of the lens; otherwise the vignetting woud have
been two diaphragms. This explain the T/22 value.Distortion not bigger
than 0,4%. Contrast average and sharpness is very truly modest.

Three years ago his price was over 800 ˆ (US $880 I believe). I, by far,
prefer and own a CV Heliar 12mm f:5.6 or, better, a Hologon 15mm f:8 (On
my G2 camera)

Felix