Subject: RE: [Leica] Nikon for MP
From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 11:16:31 +0200

>Vick,  I gave up an F5, SB28, 20 2.8 (AIS), 50 1.2 (AIS), 50 1.8 AF,
and a 60 2.8 AF (Macro). I kept my F3 and 85 1.4 (AIS) Keeble & Shuchat
>in Palo Alto (Great dealer!) was not quite as generous as they wanted
an additional $1200  in cash. No regrets or remorse. I've shot close >to
50 rolls of film in the month I've had the MP...

Jon

I use all the above mentioned Nikon gear, except the macro where I
prefer the very old 55mm Micro Nikkor f3.5. Probably under an economical
point of view the trade has been correct but I would be really very sad
to say adieu to such an excellent photographic tool as the F5 whose
light measurement system is the best I've found (many thousands of pics
without any serious light mistake). The 20mm is a good lens, not so much
the 50 1.2 (The 58mm Nocti has much better coma problems corrected), and
the 50 1.8 is a, referring SLR field, small and very good standard lens.
So all of them, specially the F5, are really good photographic tools.

Enjoy the MP.

Felix

Replies: Reply from "Jon" <jon.stanton@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] Nikon for MP)