Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 vs the M4, and filter factors
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 11:00:06 -0700

Jack McLain asked:

> In my pleas to this list and my other manic searching for all info a la
> Leica M4 or M6.. (which to buy and why?), I have yet to see any mention of
> the use of filters.<<<<<

Well Jack the reason for that is... It's a very bad NO! NO! To put filters
on a Pristine Leica lens! ;)

OK so there's a bit of an in joke here, because over the years and if you
check the archives I'm sure you'll find any number, possibly a record
number, of "filter related " posts which I'm sure you'll find most rewarding
. ;-) Possibly entertaining. :-)

 >>>I occasionally use red. orange, green, and neutral density in B&W
photography >

That's all well & good, however don't tell anyway on th LUG you do this, use
filters, as it sure as heck will start a bonfire of anti-filter word action.
:-) And if you think I'm kidding try it! :-)
ted

Message from "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net> ([Leica] M6 vs the M4, and filter factors)