Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:15mm f/22 ALPA lens-
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 11:11:27 -0700

Joseph Yao said:

> I have both and the Heliar 15/4.5 ASPH is optically superior, by a
> significant margin.  The Heliar also has aperture and focusing
controls.<<<

Yep I have the Heliar 15/4.5 ASPH and it's a first class lens, certainly
mine is, as we've used it along side the Leica R 15mm and it's difficult to
tell which is which slide on a screen 10 feet wide projected photo .

Besides if a lens is available free no matter how good, at f22? So big deal.
heck go with the C/V Heliar 15/4.5 ASPH. Besides it's a beauty to use on an
M camera, makes shooting a real fun time.
ted