Subject: Re: [Leica] Focusing a 75 1.4 -- mitch's question
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 20:42:32 -0700

I am somewhat puzzled about the Summilux f1.4 experiences and some with the
Noctilux.

I use the Noctilux at f1.0 with ISO 100 and 200 film at distances of around
6 to 8 feet with the majority of the pictures in focus.  This is when I have
photographed family at social gatherings.

Postings on this site show most people to experience many out of focus
pictures with the Summilux at f1.4.  Is there problem with the ratio of
movement when focusing the Summilux?  Is there a fine focus problem?  Are
they also getting camera movement recorded because of the greater focal
length?

Roland Smith
Oakland, California