Subject: Re: [Leica] Hats?
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:22:42 -0700

About 15 years ago, I noticed some spots on the top of my head where my hair
is thin.  A dermatologist treated the benign spots and told me to wear a hat
with a 4 inch brim.

I have worn hats since, a straw in the summer and felt in the winter.  I
wear cotton hats on the weekends and do not go out of doors without a hat.

The spots appear less frequently and my skin is improved.

My doctor indicated that the damage in our early years stays with us and
causes problems in our middle age. Hat wearing should be done in those early
years and is a help in our later years.

I have had friends who are golfers develop skin cancer on the tops of their
ears.  A hat would have prevented this.

Roland Smith
Oakland, California