Subject: Re[4]: [Leica] OT: Frank Dernie back at Williams
From: khmiska <khmiska@umich.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:21:24 -0700

Hello Steve,
Yes, those were the days of gentlemen racers. I am reminded of it
every day because the calendar in my office is a wonderful collection
of black & white images taken by Jesse Alexander. I would be willing
to bet they were taken with Leicas. Another famous motor racing
photographer of the period was Louis Klementaski and I know that he
used Leicas. Louis was often co-pilot with some of the Ferrari drivers
in the Mille Miglia and the Targa Florio. It was a glorious era.
Cordially
Kurt Miska
- --
Kurt H. Miska