Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Titanium or Titanized?
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:58:19 -0700

It's not a marketing ploy, it's a great finish. A Titanium top plate
would be less appealing, really. I had one on my Olympus and it is
ugly. Apparently getting paint to stick to titanium is difficult or
impossible, and the raw titanium is not that pretty.

I wonder if Luxus owners believe that their cameras are solid gold? ;-)

Personally, I'm saving for a titanium M6, I think they look swell, and
they probably work really well too.

- - marc