Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica USA no longer selling repair parts
From: "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:37:23 -0700

Why Leica would actively seek to alienate thier already dwindling customer
base is beyond me.  A company like Canon, which has the hottest DSLR
technology around right now, can afford to be difficult, as customers have
little choice of product at that level.  But Leica's advantages in the
market are shrinking fast.  Why not improve the customer experience instead
of creating discontent among long-time customers, as they've clearly done in
Chandos' case?

- --Jim Laurel