Subject: [Leica] California Visit August 2
From: Cummer <cummer@netvigator.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 22:16:34 +0800

Hello Luggers,
I had a lovely visit to Philadelphia in May and spent a great day
with Jim Shulman and friends (thanks again Jim) and enjoyed Leica
stories over lunch with Sal Dimarco Jr (thanks for the tags Sal). On
the "Wet Coast" (B.C.) I had several get-togethers with Henning and
Tanya and Tom and Tuulikki as well as visiting family. Ted Grant and
I managed to miss each other for the third year but we are promising
to try again next year. The purpose of reiterating all this
socializing is that I am going to be next weekend in Palo Alto and
Bryan Caldwell and (possibly) Peter Choy and I are planning to meet
up at Keeble and Shuchat on Saturday August 2nd - time not yet fixed
- - and then go off somewhere for late lunch, early supper, just drinks
or whatever and talk about Leicas (and likely shoot digital - given
the way the list is running these days). If any one in the San
Francisco area would like to join us please contact me off list. As I
have said many times one of the greatest things about the lUG is the
fine people you meet as you go travelling.
Howard Cummer (in Hong Kong where the typhoon blew through yesterday)