Subject: [Leica] Konica Hexanon M 21-35mm
From: Cummer <cummer@netvigator.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:36:21 +0800

At 5:10 AM -0700 23/7/03, Leica Users digest wrote:

>Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:39:41 -0400
>From: "Michael Volow" <mvolo@acpub.duke.edu>
>Subject: [Leica] Konica Hexanon M 21-35mm
>Has anyone seen, played with or tested this lens? I see it in B&H's catalog
>currently. Are there reviews comparing it with the Tri-Elmar? Thanks. (I
>looked through archives and past posts and saw only a little about it).

Michael,
I have both the Hexanon 21 - 35 and the Tri-Elmar Second version
which I use on my Hexar RF. In terms of picture quality under real
conditions I don't see any difference between the two lenses, and
also they both focus perfectly well on my Hexar body. I find the 3E
more versatile, perhaps, because it covers three focal lengths, and
the frame lines change in the view finder as you switch focal
lengths. For the Hexanon you have the 35mm frame line in the camera
view finder and then you have to use the separate (provided)
viewfinder to see the 21mm field of view. For my style I don't like
that as much. Both lenses are great for travel and street shooting
but I tend to use the 3E more than the Hexanon. Of course, these days
I find myself shooting a lot more digital and the film cameras sleep
in their dry box.
Cheers
Howard (in Hong Kong where we are having a typhoon at the moment)