Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica USA no longer selling repair parts
From: "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 17:24:28 -0700

How did you get them to do that?  Here's what they told me:

      Subject
      Coolscan 4000 slide feeder jam and spare parts

       Discussion Thread
       Response (Chris) 01/31/2003 09:36 AM
      Jim: If the metal guide is bent or distorted even a small amount you
will need to send the unit to Nikon Service for repair.
www.nikonusa.com/serve <<<< service info. Nikon does not sell the parts
alone to end users or dealers. There is a non official fix for slides that
jam on the input side of the feeder. If you affix a credit card size piece
of cardboard or plastic to the divider between the input and output of the
feeder and then slide it forward so it blocks the intake gate you will be
able to adjust the intake gate so that only one slide can pass at a time.

      I hope this helps
      Thank You
      Chris